Our Youth Ministry is representing at the Virginia State Diocese Convention, under the leadership of the Virginia State Diocese Youth President, and our Youth Ministry Director, Minister Brittany Dukes-Bryant! Continue reading for details about the event, the itinerary for the day, helpful information about what to bring and more! It’s going to be an awesome day!
VIRGINIA STATE YOUTH DAY INFORMATION SHEET
Date: Saturday, April 30, 2016
Time: 9:00 am (If you are riding the bus from Harvest, check-in time is 3:45 am – bus departs at 4:00 am)
Location: Bible Way Cathedral
215 Grant Street
Danville, VA 24541
Cost with Transportation:
• $25.00 per person for all ages (Includes registration)
Cost without Transportation:
• $6 for Youth age 2 – 5th grade
• $10 for Youth grades 6 – 12
• $25 for Adults
Dance Competition Participant Fee:
• Participants competing in the competition will pay an additional fee of $5.00 per person to participate in the Youth Dance Competition.
• All payments for the Virginia State Youth Day (transportation cost, dance competition fees, etc.) should be paid by phone at 703-490-4040 (with credit card information) or at the Resource Center by 5:00 pm Friday, April 29, 2016.
Attire for Youth, Youth Workers and Parents:
• Orange Harvest T-shirt (Available for purchase at the Resource Center)
• Black Pants or Skirts (No leggings or jeggings)
YOUTH DAY OVERVIEW
3:45 am Arrival for Check-in
4:00 am Depart from Harvest
8:30 am Arrive at Bible Way Cathedral, Danville, VA
9:30 am The President’s State of Address, Prayer and Day Overview
9:45 am Sessions:
• Hot Topic Panel Discussion (Grades 6 – 12)
• Children’s Session (5th Grade & under)
• Parents’ Session “Raising Today’s Youth in this Present Generation”
10:45 am Youth Choir Rehearsal
11:15 am Lunch
• Onsite lunches will be available to purchase for $6.00 each, (includes a hamburger or hot dog, chips and a drink). You may bring a bag lunch.
12:15 pm Service Preparation
• Dance Competition Preparation
• Ushers and Greeters Training
• Poster Creation (represent your church)
1:00 pm Youth Service – Dance and Step Competition
3:30 pm Departure from Bible Way Cathedral, Danville, VA
4:00 pm Dinner Break at Danville Mall
• Please bring money for food. You may bring your own dinner.
4:45 pm Bus departs Danville Mall
10:00 pm Arrive back at Harvest
SUGGESTED TRAVEL KIT
Personal hygiene products
Money (suggest $20 per person for lunch/dinner)
Attire: Orange Harvest T-shirt with skirt or pants (no leggings or jeggings)
Performers Attire: Will be given by instructor
We are asking all parents to donate one or more of the items below:
2 – Capri sun (10 count or more)
2 – Rice Krispy Treats (12 count or more)
1 – Assorted chips (24 count or more)
1 – 8 ounce water bottles (24 count or more)
Please drop off all donations in the Multipurpose Center by Sunday, April 24, 2016.
HOW CAN YOUR YOUTH BE A PART?
• Saturday, April 23rd at 9:00 am (Praise Dancers; Mimes; Urban)
• Tuesday, April 26th at 7:30 pm (Praise Dancers; Mimes; Urban)
• Thursday, April 28th at 7:30 pm (Praise Dancers; Mimes; Urban)
YOUTH USHERS AND GREETERS
• Ushers and Greeters will meet on Saturday, April 30, 2016 at 12:15 pm. Location will be announced.
• Age 2 – 12th Grade can make posters on Youth Day to bring excitement and hold up during the Youth Service.
*Dates and times for auditions are subject to change